Honeywell’s robust 5816OD is a weatherproof, water-resistant outdoor wireless transmitter that provides excellent detection and performance in extreme temperatures.
It operates in temperatures from -40˚ F to 150˚ F (-40˚ C to +66˚ C), (100% RH). The 5816OD also contains two unique zones. The first loop is a normally closed circuit contact that can have external devices wired directly to it. The second loop is a built-in magnetic reed switch that can be used to protect gates, sheds, detached garages or any other outdoor area with an exit/entry point. It is also an ideal way to protect outdoor equipment when using outdoor rated magnetic pull apart contacts. With its dark gray housing, the 5816OD blends well with most outdoor surroundings and can be custom-painted* to match its mounting surface.
- Weather-proof and water-resistant housing makes it ideal for harsh outdoor climates -40º F to 150º F (-40º C to +66º C), (100% RH)
- Maximum magnet gap 1.75″ on wood, vinyl and non-metallic surfaces and 1.25″ on steel to facilitate easier installation
- Two long life AA lithium batteries, easily replaceable
- Built-in reed switch contact loop
- Built-in wired closed contact loop (for use with external devices)
- Tamper protection-removal of front cover and transmitter from mounting plate
- Screw mountable
- Stainless steel or nylon cable tie mountable (ties not included)
- Magnet and magnet spacer included
- Paintable plastic housing to match any surface